ELIA’s Focus on Project Management is a program especially designed to develop and improve the skills of Translation Project Managers. The Association’s 7th event took place in early December 2022 in Manchester and was divided into 3 independent modules with presentations, workshops and discussions between PMs, Vendor Managers, and experts in the fields of translation and software localization.
TECHNOGRAFIA actively participated in the exchange of views and ideas between Translation Project Managers, but also in the workshops that focused on the importance of communication between Project Managers and Vendors, as well as on the new challenges faced by Vendor Managers. We met up with old and got to know new colleagues, we shared our experiences and discussed about the difficulties that emerged due to the technological developments and increased client demands for new services, and innovative organizational, consulting and service models.
We focused on finding answers to the following questions and dilemmas:
- Is it worth investing on a relationship with our vendors?
- How is our work affecting our clients?
- What can we learn from our vendors?
- How to interact with our clients, in order to provide the best possible service?
- How can a Project Manager be directly or indirectly involved in Sales?
- How can a Project Manager establish a relationship of trust with the client?
We, at TECHNOGRAFIA, focus on the provision of top-notch services, by investing in the continuous training, development and professional growth of our associates.